The Wilderness Society is working with people on the ground to help protect the beloved but vulnerable Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks area. The saying “it takes a village” aptly describes our work there, as people from all walks of life want this special place protected.
This diverse group of people includes:
- Business and community leaders
- Hispanic leaders and groups
- Local governments and elected officials
- Conservationists and archeologists
- Hunters and recreation enthusiasts
The Wilderness Society is working with other organizations in New Mexico to ensure that the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks area is protected for future generations.
New Mexico Wilderness Alliance
The New Mexico Wilderness Alliance is a nonprofit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection, restoration and continued enjoyment of New Mexico’s wilderness.
New Mexico Wildlife Federation
The New Mexico Wildlife Federation is dedicated to protecting New Mexico’s wildlife, habitat and outdoor way of life.
- New Mexico Wilderness Alliance:
- New Mexico Wildlife Federation:
- Organ Mountains Desert Peaks National Monument:
- Secure wilderness:
- Letter to President Obama asking him to protect the Organ Mountains http://headwaterseconomics.org/wphw/wp-content/uploads/Pres_Letter_Economics_Protected_Lands.pdf
- Dona Ana County’s Public Lands and Economic Prosperity: http://headwaterseconomics.org/wphw/wp-content/uploads/DonaAna_County_Report.pdf