What’s your outdoor adventure? Bagging peaks in the Presidential range? Cruising through glades on cross-country skis? Or just enjoying the scenery? Whatever it is, the Northern Forest has something for you.
If you are looking for adventure in some of the wildest places in the east, look no further.
- Hiking: With hundreds of miles of trails and dozens of waterfalls and peaks to see, the Northern Forest is a hiker’s haven. Check out the Green Mountain National Forest, the White Mountain National Forest and Adirondacks State Park for hikes of all sorts.
- Camping: Just as hiking trails abound, so do campgrounds. Whether it is car-camping with the kids or a backcountry adventure, there are plenty of places to rest your weary bones in natural surroundings.
- Skiing: The Northern Forest is home to some of the best skiing in the east. The national forests and state parks are home to hundreds of miles of cross-country trails. If shushing down the slopes is more your speed, there are ski resorts and even some backcountry “earn-your-turns” skiing throughout the region.
- Leaf Peeping: One of the most popular New England pastimes is catching a glimpse of autumn’s changing leaves, a must for any visitor to the Northern Forest. Starting in September, the woods become their own fireworks show, full of vibrant reds, yellows and oranges. Make your Bed & Breakfast reservations early, pack a warm coat and get ready for a visual feast.
- Green Mountain National Forest Seasonal Recreation:
- Mahoosuc Adventure map:
- White Mountain National Forest: