This position is unpaid, but is available for school credit.
At The Wilderness Society, we’ve been protecting America’s public lands for 75 years, and along with them wildlife, rushing rivers, scenic views and intact ecosystems. We put our expertise in science, policy and communications to ensure that our wild heritage is handed down intact to future generations.
The Wilderness Society offers web, multimedia and interactive marketing interns hands-on opportunities to strategize and create effective online education and advocacy campaigns across a variety of issues. Working with the digital team, our interns get real life experience in online messaging, engagement, goal-setting, tracking and results testing.
This position is available in our Washington, D.C. or Denver, Colo., offices.
- Work within a team to conceptualize and produce online audio and video engagement tools
- Help establish digital goals, develop messaging plans, and publish site content
- Contribute to digital team strategies for online activism, fundraising, and education
- Assist with social networking strategies, goal-setting, posting, management and tracking
- Assist with Google Analytics and Adwords campaigns
- Write and edit web content and outreach emails
- Learn to create messages and track responses via online CRM tool
- Post content to website via the Drupal CMS
- Help manage constituent communications
We are looking for spring, summer and fall interns, ideally for 20-25 hours per week (flexible). The position is unpaid. Students who would like to complete the internship for credit are welcomed.
How to apply
Please email a resume, cover letter and recent writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line to indicate the internship program and semester you are applying for.