It is important to ask how AGO will protect our shared public lands and waters. Here are some examples of questions we can ask:
- I am very supportive of new monument designations. Will President Obama designate new national monuments using the Antiquities Act so we can make sure these special places are protected for future generations?
- Why is the Antiquities Act so important?
- Do you support the creation of new national monuments?
- Does protecting our shared public lands and waters produce jobs? And does it benefit the medical and economic health of American communities?
- How can AGO help me protect my favorite place which includes some public land, some private land and ideally could be all connected together?
The AGO report was released last month by President Obama, and the upcoming live chat is an opportunity to directly engage with the administration. We are looking forward to engaging with Secretaries Salazar and Vilsack on this exciting initiative!
Watch live at 2:00 pm Eastern and Join the Live Chat!