Shallow Falls National Park in Maryland
flickr, Captain Kimo
Autumn's sunny days and cool nights means nature is in rare form. A rainbow of metamorphosing trees awaits you!
Here are some tips for finding prime fall foliage in wild places near you to be sure that you time your leaf peeping adventure appropriately.
1. Visit recreation.gov for their state-by-state suggestions.
2. The Forest Service's fall colors site helps you find out about the best viewing places in forests near you.
3. Visit our photo gallery of 15 National Parks with awesome fall color to learn more about where and when to go.
4. Call the Forest Service's fall colors hotline for updates.
5. Check out peak fall foliage viewing maps for places to go.
Watch a short film of Autumn in Yosemite in fall:
View a slideshow of fall colors in National Parks below:
Check out the fall issue of National Parks Traveler below for more ideas on visiting National Parks during autumn: