Death Valley National Park
flickr, Thomas Hawk
The correct answer is Death Valley National Park in California.
In light of National Parks Week, you may be interested to know that Death Valley National Park is one is the largest in the lower 48 states.
The park covers a diversity of landscapes - snow-covered mountains, colorful badlands as well as the lowest, driest and hottest deserts in the country.
photo credit: flickr, Thomas Hawk
The Wilderness Society is working to pass the California Desert Protection Act. If it does, the southern geological gem known as the “Bowling Alley” will also be protected as part of this exquisite park. Sign up for our WildAlerts to stay in the loop about this legislation and more.
- Desert Treasures - 11 you'll want to explore and protect
- National Parks Week offers wild fun - find out which days offer free admission
- 20 best wilderness areas to visit in spring
- Tips for wildflower hunting
- Wild lands protect diminishing dark skies
- Get starstruck in wilderness! Plan a stargazing trip with these tips
- California Desert Protection Act