People enjoying Antelope Canyon in Arizona
Join The Wilderness Society’s Wild Adventures Photo Contest! Show your love for America’s wild places by sharing your best photos of you, or friends and family, enjoying wildlands.
We’re looking for photos that capture the cherished moments that wilderness so generously provides its visitors throughout the seasons. Whether it’s that once-in-a-lifetime shot of a child catching her first fish or that frame of your hiking mates reflecting upon a breathtaking mountain vista, we want to see the moments you’ve captured.
We invite you to share your best original photos of you and yours recreating in the wild, especially shots of muscle-powered activities, such as hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, camping, horseback-riding, fishing and bird-watching. Send us your most stunning or moving shots from all seasons, all over the United States!
If your photo is selected as our top winner, you will receive a $100 REI certificate and your photo will appear in a Wilderness Society 2012 membership calendar. The top 5 finalists will receive a Wilderness Society 2012 calendar and their photo will be featured on wilderness.org on March 21!
How to Enter
- To enter one or more images, add your photo(s) to the Wilderness Society's WildAdventures Flickr™ group before midnight, Eastern Standard Time on Feb. 28 and tag them with "TWS-WildAdventures".* Original image resolution must be 6 megapixels or higher (if your photo is selected as our first-place winner, we may request a higher resolution version than is available through Flickr).
- Flickr lets you provide a photo description. To qualify for consideration, you must share where and when the photo was taken in the photo description area — and if there is a funny or happy story behind the photo, include a few short sentences about that as well.
- We're looking for photography that captures the incredible scenery found in America's wild lands — including designated Wilderness, wild places, wildlife refuges, national forests, national parks, national monuments, and other public lands — and the recreation we all enjoy on them.
- Images will be judged on originality, technical and artistic merit, composition and overall impact.
- Winners will be announced on March 21. Winning notifications will be sent to the individual Flickr e-mail accounts the participants used to submit their photos.
*Not familiar with Flickr? It's a free photo sharing site. You can create a Flickr account easily by clicking the big "create your account" button on the Flickr homepage. If you already have a Yahoo ID you can use that or simply create a new one.
The contest is open to all participants age 18 and older. Photo submissions must be uploaded by February 28, 2011. You retain ownership and full rights to all images submitted but grant us the right to use your images in support of The Wilderness Society's mission. View complete rules.
People enjoying Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Photo by Becky Philleo.